Summer time is the best time to go out on vacation in your RV. School is out, the weather is sunny, and the beautiful landscape is stretched out before you, just waiting to be experienced. Whether you feel the pull of the sand and surf or the trees and mountains, traveling with your Airstream or other brand of travel trailer can take you anywhere you want to go.
Beach Locations Where You Can Feel the Waves and Catch Some Rays
Starting with the North Carolina Coast:
- Camp Hatteras RV Resort and Campground. If you want to experience the famed beauty of the outer banks of North Carolina, Camp Hatteras is a popular beach RV park with resort-like amenities. Concrete pads and full hook-ups available including Wi-Fi, hot and cold water, sewer, and electrical. A camp store and guest laundry is available for your convenience. Activities include a hot tub, indoor pool, tennis courts, playground, mini-golf, dog park, and jet-ski, bike, and kayak rentals. Beachfront sites are available, and all sites are within walking distance of the beach. Gaze upon across the beach at the historic Cape Hatteras Lighthouse and dare to make the climb to the top. A true beach experience that’s the ideal combination of luxury and roughing it, Camp Hatteras is unique.
- Carolina Beach State Park. If you’ve ever visited or even driven through Carolina Beach, you will likely never forget it. Rows of brightly painted beach houses line the strip in every color you could imagine. Restaurants and ice cream shops are on every corner to feed that seaside hunger the salt life brings. At sundown the boardwalk comes alive like a carnival with lights, rides, food, and fun. Visit the famed Britt’s Donuts and try some of the best donuts you’ll ever taste (take cash, it’s a small business that doesn’t accept credit cards). If you plan to go boating or fishing, the RV park includes a marina with two boat ramps. Miles of trails showcase wildlife and the fascinating carnivorous plants of North Carolina like the Venus flytrap. Get the true NC beach experience at Carolina Beach.
Travel south and experience the Florida Keys on the Gulf of Mexico:
- Fiesta Key RV Resort, Long Key, FL. If you like to stay busy, there are many activities and attractions near the Fiesta Key RV Resort. Swim with dolphins at the Dolphin Research Center and go on a scuba diving excursion with Bud and Mary’s Dive Center. Back at camp there’s a beach bar, restaurant, hot tub, pool, and free Wi-Fi. The Florida Keys boast some of the most beautiful beach sunsets you will ever experience.
- Sunshine Key RV Resort and Marina, Big Pine Key, FL. Get off the mainland and experience the island that is the Ohio Key. A more laid back beach experience, you can get out on the water or simply enjoy the view. Located near the Bahia Honda State Park, the Sunshine Key RV Resort offers the complete Florida beach vacation experience. Includes amenities such as swimming pool, clubhouse, tennis courts, marina, restrooms with showers, high-speed Wi-Fi, and more. Enjoy resort-style living from your own Airstream or other travel trailer.
The Pacific Coast from North to South:
- Pacific City RV and Camping Resort, Cloverdale, OR. If you’ve never experienced the unique coast of Oregon, you are in for a rare treat. Rocky cliffs lined with spruce trees plunge to sandy beaches where waves crash against both rock and sand. As the waves recede, tide pools are formed where tiny sea creatures live in their own ecosystems for your viewing pleasure. The northern pacific coast offers activities like surfing, clamming, crabbing, and even whale watching. Check out the spectacular views of Haystack Rock from the campground.
- Pacific Dunes Ranch RV Resort, Oceano, CA. You’ve surely heard of the renowned Pismo Beach area of California, and the Pacific Dunes Ranch RV Resort is a great place to park your Airstream. A truly unique place to stay in quiet seclusion, this campground is basically a ranch at the beach. Ride on horseback along beautiful trails, over sand dunes, and across the beach. Enjoy water activities like swimming, boating, fishing, surfing and land lubber activities like hiking and biking. Experience the luxury of Pismo Beach for less at Pacific Dunes Ranch.
See the Wondrous and Awe Inspiring Inland Destinations You Can Visit with your Airstream
The beach isn’t the only place to tow your travel trailer this summer. There are many inland sights and landscapes that can take your breath away. Mountains, valleys, forests, deserts, lakes, and rivers can be found across this great nation. Consider these RV parks and campgrounds for your summer vacation.
Go West Young Man (and Woman)
- Brown County State Park, Nashville, IN. With more than 40 miles of trails for hiking and mountain biking, Brown County State Park is heaven for the outdoor enthusiast. Gorgeous views and lush green landscapes instantly soothe and allow you to commune with nature. Despite the rustic setting, there are luxuries at the campground such as a rec center with an Olympic-size pool. Restrooms are clean and a fully stocked camp store is available for your needs. Take a break from camp cooking and enjoy a pork tenderloin sandwich at the Little Gem Restaurant located onsite.
- Silver Dollar City’s Wilderness, Branson, MO. This campground accompanies the Silver Dollar City amusement park, an 1880’s themed attraction where you can go back in time and experience the Midwest as it was in its early days. Convenient to Table Rock Lake, whitewater rafting, hiking trails, and other outdoor activities. Catch a show and enjoy a 3-course meal when you take a Showboat Cruise on the Branson Belle. The RV park includes shuttles to Silver Dollar City, a general store, free Wi-Fi, a pool, and more.
- Blue Bell Campground, Custer State Park, SD. Experience the unique beauty of the Black Hills of South Dakota where bison roam in the vast meadows between pine forests and granite spires. Hop on a hay ride for a tour of Custer State Park you will never forget. Along with bison, you can expect to see other wildlife such as deer, elk, antelope, mountain goats, bighorn sheep, wild turkeys, and more. Over 30 RV sites, family size dressing rooms with showers, and the Blue Bell General Store.
- Old Barn Resort, Preston, MN. Camping at a golf course resort may sound unusual. But if you want to enjoy resort-like amenities while camping in the wild outdoors, Old Barn Resort is for you. An 18-hole golf course stretches out below the Old Barn turned clubhouse. The 130 year old historical barn includes a restaurant, indoor pool, outdoor patio space, and more. Plenty of RV sites are available with hookups. Float down the river in a tube, canoe, or kayak to cool off on a hot summer day. Once you experience the country charm of Old Barn Resort you’ll never want to go home.
Popular Must-see Destinations
- Grand Canyon Railway RV Park, Williams, AZ. It may seem “old hat”, but if you haven’t seen the Grand Canyon, you are missing out on a true natural wonder. Even if you have seen it before, the Railway RV Park is a unique experience of its own. Once you park your Airstream or other brand of RV at the site of your choice, you can simply take the train from the historic train depot to see the sights of the Grand Canyon and surrounding area. The sites at this RV park have HD digital TV, 50 amp electricity, and Wi-Fi. Pool, hot tub, and coin operated laundry is available at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel next to the campground. Experience the Grand Canyon in a new way at Railway RV Park.
- Fireside Buffalo Valley RV Park, Moran, WY. A spectacular location, you can visit both Yellowstone National Park and Grand Teton National Park on the same trip. Awe-inspiring views of the Grand Tetons can be seen from your campsite. Yellowstone is just a short drive away to experience geysers, waterfalls, and wildlife. Choose from 30 or 50 amp electricity campsites with complete hookup service. Clean restrooms with hot showers are available for your comfort, as well as laundry facilities.
Get Started Today. New and Used RVs for Sale at Out of Doors Mart
Now that you have some great ideas for your summer RV excursion, it’s time to gear up. If you don’t currently own an RV, or if you’re ready for an upgrade, Out of Doors Mart has a large inventory of new and used Airstreams, travel trailers, and campers to choose from. Test drive and tour different models to find what works best for your traveling needs. Accessories and upgrades are available to make your current RV even more comfortable and convenient for your summer vacation. The ever-popular Airstream trailers are a big part of the current inventory. Long-lasting design and sturdy manufacturing makes Airstream travel trailers seem to last forever, making both new and preowned models a practical purchase. Come out to Out of Doors Mart on 8510 Norcross Road in Colfax, NC to find an RV to make your summer trip truly amazing.