You’ve heard people say it, you’ve probably said it yourself: “We’d love to travel, but we can’t afford it right now.” This has become a well-versed excuse. If you really want to get out there and see the wonders of this great country by way of the open road, your only limitation is the two coasts. If you’re on a budget, there are many ways to travel frugally and still have a lot of fun.
- Try an RV. Traveling in an RV is a unique experience. Your home goes with you as you go from place to place. You can save a lot of money by avoiding hotels and staying in an RV. Campground fees are much lower than hotel fees and come with the same luxuries like electricity, hot water, cable, and Wi-Fi.
- Buy a used RV. Save money from the start by purchasing a used or preowned RV. Quality used travel trailers for sale in NC like Airstream, Salem, and Rockwood are built to last. Even a used travel trailer will give you many good years as long as you purchase from a reputable dealer that inspects and refurbishes used RVs.
- Camp for free. You can camp on public land for free. Many national forests and popular areas like the Grand Canyon have public ground that can be camped on for free. You may not have advanced hookups (or any at all) in these areas, but you’ll likely get a good view of the scenery and let’s face it, that’s why you’re traveling in the first place.
- Keep it small. One of the biggest expenses you will have when traveling by RV is gas. But you can keep fuel costs down by purchasing a smaller RV. The smaller the better in terms of gas mileage, but you do want to have enough room to camp comfortably and sleep everyone. Travel trailers often save on gas mileage over motorhomes because you can tow them with your own vehicle that may get better gas mileage, depending on your make and model of your tow vehicle and the weight of your trailer.
- Get roadside assistance coverage. If you’re worried about the cost of repairs if you were to breakdown while out on the road, be prepared and get roadside assistance coverage. AAA covers RVs as well as other vehicles, so be sure to sign up ahead of time and include every vehicle making the trip with you. If you have a travel trailer, include both that and your tow vehicle. If you have a motorhome and you’re towing a smaller vehicle, include both in your policy.
Save Big on Used Travel Trailers for Sale in NC at Out of Doors Mart
Remember tip number 2 about buying a used RV from a reputable dealer? Out of Doors Mart qualifies. Every RV on the lot has been fully inspected and proven to be of top quality. If you’re ready to start traveling like you’ve always wanted to, but thought you couldn’t afford, visit Out of Doors Mart and find affordable used travel trailers for sale in NC, along with motorhomes and campers.